Operations Manager Job Description
The Operations Manager must have the skills, talent and the confidence needed to help create and sustain a values-based, world class organizational culture that leaves ample room for individual and team autonomy. The Chief Operating Officer creates a clear and supported path toward position mastery at all levels in the agency’s service array, and establishes a culture wherein all program staff and volunteers believe their success in fulfilling their role is necessary to the achievement of the organization’s mission. The Chief Operating Officer will support the CEO in executing the organization’s strategic plan and will oversee all of the organization’s programs and services. The Operations Manager will also develop, promote, plan, and run the athletic leagues: including but not limited to football, basketball, and boxing. The Operations Manager will ensure successful Club operations and achievement of the mission by combining best practices with a strong practical background in youth development. The Chief Operating Officer will help advance the organization’s fund development goals by working closely with the Development Department to ensure programs are aligned to and deliver on grant outcomes, and by advancing a culture of philanthropy across all layers of the organization and involving all Units in donor stewardship.
Design and Implement Programming and Athletics
• Approve seasonal schedule of high-impact programs at all Club sites
• Plan, train for and grow high-potential programs, such as STEM, Academic Case Management, Mentoring programs, Youth Sports, The Arts, and College and Career Readiness, according to the board’s strategic plan
• Convene needed partner-organizations to meet high-impact program goals, such as reading, summer learning, and college and career readiness preparation, healthy lifestyles and character/citizenship
• Seek out and cultivate new program partnerships matching the strategic plan of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Maury County. Create and manage a partnership development plan for all Units to ensure cohesiveness.
• Coordinate local partnerships in the areas of facilities, programming, transportation, and building operations
• Represent the organization at internal and external program-related, strategic planning, and fundraising events
• Make detailed projections by site to help assist with development of annual operating budget
• Develop and manage an annual operations plan
• Work closely with the CEO on strategic planning, goal setting, creative problem solving, and development of new initiatives for the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University
• A minimum of three years of experience overseeing complex operations, staffing, and logistics, with a strong preference for non-profit experience, particularly in the field of youth development
• A strong passion for and commitment to improving the lives of youth
• Experience creating and managing budget
• Successful Track record of successfully mentoring and training professional staff
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Must be able to design and manage complex spreadsheets to track Unit and staff deliverables
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-disciplined, takes initiative, remains focused in the face of pressure, and does not stagnate or become intimidated in the face of multiple tasks and time limitations.
• Track record of inspiring, engaging and supporting others to deliver superior results.
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and good humor.
• Proven ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in diverse settings.
• Proven ability to inspire others and foster the development of cohesive and resilient teams.
• Demonstrates a relentless commitment to excellence in all tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate large scale operations and logistics.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Exhibits strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to quickly learn new data systems and processes.
• Proven ability to create smart organizational policies that streamline operations and ensure a consistent product in all settings. Experience authoring procedural manuals, getting staff buy-in on new policies, and training and enforcing policies.
• Ability to effectively work with other department leaders to break down silos and achieve organization wide goals.